WHY BUY YOUR NEW HOME FROM SOUTHERN MODULAR HOMES?
- WORKMANSHIP: From the co-owner, who is also the general contractor and project manager, to the installation and trim crew the average years of experience of assembling modular homes is 20 years. They are all dedicated to staying with your project until your completed home is beautiful and completely functional.
- PRICE: Because of our unique business model, our overhead is, on average, $15,000 less than the overhead of traditional retail organizations. if we meet you to view a home that we have built it will not be at a traditional display lot. It will be either be at a factory display, a family's home which we have already built for them, or a home that we have installed that is for sale in place with the land. All of the above have very little overhead related to your cost.
- RETAINED VALUE: At Southern Modular Homes we build ONLY off frame houses that are installed by crane on the foundation you have chosen. Because we install your home with no steel frames you will find that its long term value for home equity loans or resale is comparable to site-built homes. Why "save" $10,000 by installing something on steel frames built to state code and lose many times that in equity?
- CHOICE: We can build ANY Modular plan you like. We have built many homes for our customers from the plans they have brought to us from other modular builders.
How do I start?
- Contact a lender capable of doing a construction/perm loan to lock in your budget. Call, text, or email and we will happy to provide you with bank contacts in your area that routinely handle construction to perm projects.
- Check at your county zoning office for their rules and regulations.
- If you are building in the city, find out the cost of tap on fees for water and sewer.
- If you are building in the country, contact the environmental office in your county to obtain a valid perk test. No septic tank installer can give a real cost estimate without a copy of your perk test results.
- After you have completed the above items, we can meet you on your property and quote your grading and drive or we can meet with you and whomever you choose.
THE BELOW ITEMS ARE STANDARD IN EVERY SOUTHERN MODULAR HOME
- Off frame residential construction with 2 by 10 floor joists 16" O.C.
- 7 on 12 roof pitch with pull down stairs and available walk-in attic space
- Minimum insulation of R/19 floors, R/19 in 2 by 6 exterior walls and R/30 ceiling insulation
- Home, tax, freight within 60 miles of Denton, NC
- Crane fee to set home
- Professional set up with complete exterior and interior trim
- Split faced block foundation average height 36 inches with treated wood crawl space access door included (brick is available at extra cost).
- Trash removal and final interior home cleaning after your power is on
PLEASE NOTE The above standards ( approximately $40,000 worth) are often added to the "base price" provided by traditional retailers. Most of us tend to hear what we want to hear and carry that "base price" number away in our shopping memory.
We will be happy to assist you in getting quotes on lot clearing, grading and drive, and well and septic.
We have crews available to build add/ons such as porches and garages. Give us a call, text, or email and let's team up on building your new home on your land.
Good to know: We can sometimes alter plans to suit your particular needs. For example, often over the years I have had folks say,"I really love the kitchen in this plan but I want the bedrooms in this other one". Sometimes we can mix and match plans and sometimes we can answer your needs by doing one of the following:
- All homes can be lengthened up to 76 feet.
- Any 7/12 ranch can be changed to a Cape Cod style with 9/12 or 12/12roof pitch and unfinished bonus area with stairs.
- Front to rear of two sections homes can be 25', 27'6", or 29'6" or if it fits your budget you can just add more sections
- Any floor plan can be reversed end to end. We have smart folks who draw it that way but with my limitations, I just print the plan, turn it over, and hold it up to a light.
CURRENT FACTORY DISPLAY
These are three homes viewable at the factory to display some, but not all, of the many options available to you in customizing your new home. Of course, you can elect to lower your cost by selecting only those factory options that you need. Everything on the exterior and interior of each home shown in the pictures is included in the price given except furniture and decor items. Also included are the Southern Modular Standards already listed.
Please call when you are ready and we can set up a factory tour and also view the models.
If you have already seen a floor plan on a retail display that you really like, just email it to me firstname.lastname@example.org and include your contact info and the location of your land and I will be happy to price that as well.
FOLLOWING ARE A FEW EXAMPLES OF ONE OF OUR MOST POPULAR PLANS. PLEASE REMEMBER THAT WE CAN BUILD ANY MODULAR FLOOR PLAN THAT YOU HAVE SEEN ANYWHERE, AS ANY REAL MODULAR BUILDER CAN BUILD ANY FLOOR PLAN THAT WE BUILD.
This first plan, The Mount Pleasant, has been our most popular floor plan for three years. Everybody living in the home has nice bedrooms with walk-in closets. The home has a beautiful open living area. As in all our homes it has hardwood cabinet doors and fronts throughout. The island comes with pot drawers.
Save at least $10,000 with this home compared to retail modular traditional lots. We will complete it on your site for only $119,913. (please refer to Southern Modular Standards)Compare to site built at $100+ per square foot to our completion at $82 per square foot.
Items not included in this pricing are clearly marked on the floor plan as opt (optional).
CALL: DAN FINE @ 704-960-8494